Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It's Craft Camp Week at GPCAA

The Great Plains Creative Arts Association is having their annual Craft Camp this week. I have had a wonderful time there the last two years, but unfortunately I can't make it this year. There are a few crafts that I've been wanting to try, so I've decided that this will be my personal Two Dog Pond Craft Camp week. (but I have to do my own cooking and cleaning...rats). Anyway - first up - Papercut Portraits. The Dude of Dude Craft made this fabulous tutorial on making Papercut Portraits, and I suggest you all go there and watch it. I've been wanting to do this for a while and just haven't had the time....
First: Choose your portrait. My sisters are going to kill me for posting this picture, but it's the one I used...
Crop your photo and take it into Photoshop and Posterize it - like this.... then print it out.
I chose to use a white background which is different than what the Dude did, and I forgot to wash my hands after eating a cheeseburger, so mine has a few grease marks on it, his did not. First Layer cut:
...sometimes I got confused. Do not drink wine while cutting yours out. It just makes things confusing....
I didn't have the repositionable spray adhesive used by the Dude, so I used my rubber cement and a tweezers. Rubber cement makes glue boogers. Make sure you wipe them off your face.
a little more confusion... It's taking shape here...
Pop the finished piece into a record album frame and Ta! Da!
I kind of like it.

6 comments:

Little Messy Missy said...

Very cool!

VS said...

How fun is that?? Just found you today & I look forward to following you through all life's adventures!
Smiles Friend,
Susie

Bon said...

You are right, little sister. This big (age- and heft-wise) sister is not happy with your choice of photos. You couldn't crop yourself out BEFORE you posted the photo for all of blogworld to see???? Love you anyway... B.

[Hey, my word verification word is "hootr". Can they do that?]

Kitty said...

wow, this is so Andy Warhol!!!! wow!

Two Dog Pond said...

I think I'll do a family wall like this... look out kids!

lynn bowes said...

Like it LOTS! I see Christmas present craft days in my future . . .