Saturday, April 17, 2010

Final Art Camp Project

Since I saved so ding-dang much money by having my own personal art camp, I bought the YUDU system. You know, the one you see on the infomercials where they talk about how easy it is to silkscreen your own t-shirts, pillows, canvas totes, etc.... well - it is as easy as they say!
I actually bought the system 2 weeks ago when my son was home visiting from Seattle, but we didn't have time to play with it because we were so busy eating homemade cinnamon rolls...
This is the first shirt I made. I made three of them and plan on making more.
In case you can't read it, it says "Two Dog Pond - Living life on a gravel road ...and loving it"

The possibilities are endless!!
Now - My camp is ended and I have to get back to work/play.
I highly suggest putting aside some time to have your own camp (or invite a friend) and learn some new crafts. Things you've been thinking about doing but just haven't had the time. Just do it. I feel great!!

6 comments:

Jill said...

RACHEL! Is there anything you can't do?! I've never seen this yudo thing but I've read about screen printing in so many publications. Would this use thermal screens that I keep reading about? It would be so fun to be able to screen print your own fabric!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful it must feel to be "wiggling your toes" in so many crafty things!!
I am definitely going to have a craft camp week once we get settled after moving cross-country. It is more theraputic to me than any spa. I'd be bored to tears sitting around in a spa...
Keep creating!! You inspire me!!!
~Heatherj

Little Messy Missy said...

That is a great shirt...love the color choice!

Leah said...

i cower with my inadequacy. you amaze me, ms. rachel.

and, i want to make tshirts. lots. i have always dreamed of being a screenprinter person and make tshirts and sell them on street markets in new york. or at least wear a picture or two of mine.

Linda M. Cain said...

I've always wanted to do screenprinting! What a totally fabulous shirt!!!!!!!!

I LOVE IT!

Linda

Natalie said...

AWESOME!! I have sooooo been wanting one of those!! :)