Saturday, March 6, 2010

More Adventures With Metal

Yesterday my order from Ten Second Studio arrived. I was in the middle of painting my nails and getting ready to take a power nap before we went out to dinner with friends, but that was all derailed when I opened the box of beautiful Spice Metal (it comes in many delicious colors) and Kabuka #10 and a paper stump .... I missed my nap to start playing right away.

After using the paper stump to rub most of the imprint on the metal, I dug through my old supplies and found an embosser to finish the details. (Ten Second Studios sells the correct tools - I was just using what I had on hand)

After sanding the metal down and then bending it around a piece of board I cut out, I decided to rivet some round metal doo-dads and a metal fish I caught on fire to the piece.
This is the 'shrine' that it's going to go in...one of my flea market finds that is waiting for me to finish. When I watched Cheryl and Megan from TSS on last week's Taco Tuesday video demonstrating the Kabuka #10, I decided I had to try that! Now I intend to mount the metal piece and surround it with glass mosaic. The piece that's cut out will have mirror mosaic in it. It might be a long time before I finish that part, so I thought I would show you as far as I am and leave the rest up to your imagination.
Now - we're off to see Johnny Depp in Alice in Wonderland. You should go watch Cheryl and Megan's videos and be inspired and buy their products.





1 comment:

leah - moxiethrift on etsy said...

looks uber fun. i'm such a nerd/hermit, i would have faked sick and stayed home to play with this stuff.