Monday, June 6, 2011

Two Dog Pond Necklace Contest - Flag Boy



This week's Two Dog Pond Necklace Contest image has been greatly influenced by a number of things. The biggest? YIKES! It's less than a month until the 4th of July and I live in the 4th of July City (Seward, Nebraska) and that means that it's my biggest sale day of the year and I'm not ready not one little bit and I don't have a new 4th of July pendant made for this year yet. Oh - I hope my stress isn't showing.... anyway - this is the image I chose for this week's necklace contest. You come up with a clever saying for the back and make your comments here. On Friday a winner will be chosen and presented with a soldered glass pendant on a 24" chain.

Honestly - I have been doing more than just this contest - I just haven't been posting much. Perhaps that's a goal for this week....show you the silkscreening projects and the etching projects and the bugs in the garden I've been tackling...

15 comments:

Jenny said...

Ohhhh say can you seee.....

nomaloke said...

I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy!!!

My heart beats Red, White and Blue!

Proud to be an American!!!!

nomaloke said...

Freedom don't come free!!

Shelly said...

don't be fooled by these stars and stripes

Pint size smile - big love for USA!

Mary said...

...cradled by the big strong hands of America.
- Val Saintsbury

The whole quote is:

We sleep peacefully at night, cradled by the big strong hands of America.

she dreams big! said...

Usually, my brain can't come up with anything clever for your necklace challenges but since July 4th is one of my favorite holidays, I have several quotes on hand.

#1 - He loves his country most who strives to make it best.

#2 - Star-spangled happiness and banner waves of pride.

#3 - Every heart beats true 'neath the Red, White and Blue. (George M Cohan from Yankee Doodle Dandy - a great movie!)

Hope to make it to Seward this year for the big celebration!

Kitty said...

MADE IN THE USA

AMERICAN MADE

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN

Natalie said...

I would like to order this pendant and get a long, skinny "made in the USA" to hang with it. Should I send you an e-mail Rachel??
Cute, cute, cute!!

Vintage Revamped said...

Momma and Daddy raised one patriotic baby!

Shara said...

Born in the USA.

watermelonmom said...

Stand Tall America!

Unknown said...

I was born in the USA! (Bruce Springsteen)

REDneck, WHITEtrash, BLUEcollar AMERICAN! (hee hee)


Support Your Troops!

Swaddled in Americana

AMERICA! Baby!!

Lorelei said...

My mama wore cobat boots.

Shara said...

Shoot for the Stars!

Anonymous said...

We win...

America... young, strong and proud

Keep US Free

Blessed to be the best

Our youth is our future

Our youth is our strength

Grow 'em proud. Grow 'em strong

~Heatherj