It is still cold, but the electricity is on, so who cares? I'm still loving it! A prayer shawl is a gift you give someone experiencing great loss or sorrow - they can wrap themselves in it while sitting and praying/crying/contemplating/etc and know they are wrapped in love and warmth. Since it would take me too long to make one right when someone would need it, I thought I would have one on hand.
I thought about you this a.m. when I went to weather.com and it was all about Nebraska and SD. You are gettin' it good, girlfriend! Hopefully your electricity will stay on but if not I hope you have a generator (we do, ever since we spent 2 weeks without electricity in August thanks to Katrina). That prayer shawl is beautiful and would be such a comforting gift. Artistic people just have so many ways to stay busy!
Rumple and Scootch along with my husband and I live out in the country on a peaceful acreage with a pond. I create with glass and sometimes copper, brass and silver all the livelong day. Life is good - "Living Life on the Gravel Lane"
Jumping Back In
-
It's been a busy summer for me with long periods of solitude and time to
make beads and jewelry.
I am so surprised that it's turned into a full time job fo...
5 comments:
What a way to spend Christmas...snowed in, creating warmth, and cutting glass. You are surrounded by beauty!
Merry Christmas!
Anna
Looks mighty cold, but it sounds like your doing OK, as long as the cookies hold out. What is a prayer shawl?
It is still cold, but the electricity is on, so who cares? I'm still loving it!
A prayer shawl is a gift you give someone experiencing great loss or sorrow - they can wrap themselves in it while sitting and praying/crying/contemplating/etc and know they are wrapped in love and warmth. Since it would take me too long to make one right when someone would need it, I thought I would have one on hand.
I thought about you this a.m. when I went to weather.com and it was all about Nebraska and SD. You are gettin' it good, girlfriend! Hopefully your electricity will stay on but if not I hope you have a generator (we do, ever since we spent 2 weeks without electricity in August thanks to Katrina). That prayer shawl is beautiful and would be such a comforting gift. Artistic people just have so many ways to stay busy!
Lovely snow picture and even much more lovely is the prayer shawl, Have a very Merry and Blessed Christmas season!
Post a Comment