Monday, June 20, 2011

Two Dog Pond Necklace Contest - Great Uncle Murlin

This week's Two Dog Pond Necklace Contest image comes to us from Shara of MonkeyBox (she had a drunken pet monkey as a child) who won last week's contest. This is her Great Uncle Murlin and here's what Shara has to say: "I'm attaching a photo of my Great Uncle Murlin. I think he would be perfect for one of your pendants and I can only imagine what people will think of to say about him. He was Dean of Architecture at U of OK and was a pretty serious guy. But at a party he was funny stuff! (He is still alive despite that fact that I am referring to him in the past tense.) My great grandmother made those crepe paper hats for every party and forced everyone to wear them."
Here, then, is what I'm thinking. Great Uncle Murlin is still alive - right? So - not only will the winner of this week's contest win a pendant, but Great Uncle Murlin is going to receive a lovely keychain with the winning pendant on it. He'll be thrilled! (I hope) So, put on your crepe paper thinking caps and come up with some great captions of this image and enter them all week. Special thanks to Shara who also won the "Blue Ribbon Weiner" pendant last year. She's going to wear it in 'honor' of Congressman Weiner's idiot crotch-photographing behavior.

PS - Does anyone have the directions/pattern for making those crepe-paper hats? I kind of like it!!

PPS - Yes. You know I will colorize that hat before turning it into a pendant...

29 comments:

Barbara said...

How do we enter? I love that picture!

Anonymous said...

Every king must have his crown.

Two Dog Pond said...

Love it! Just a reminder that if you post anonymously, it helps if you add your name. Thanks!!

watermelonmom said...

"CROWN ME", shouted the cross-eyed checker player.

watermelonmom said...

Opps, I guess it actually should say:


"CROWN ME!", shouted the cross-eyed checkers player.

Unknown said...

so far, all I get in my head when I look at this is:

Cuckoo, Cuckoo (and the sounds of chirping birds)

Vikki Gremel said...

What a long strange trip it's been.
... The Grateful Dead

Paige B. said...

I is smart!

Bon said...

How sweeeeeet it is!

acorn hollow said...

ohh who is the wizard now?

Kitty said...

one less bottle of beer on the wall

grandma's already wearing the lampshade

I'm too sexy for my hat

I hate wearing this "crepe"

my mommy likes it ;)

shabbycottagegirl said...

This one flew right THRU the cuckoo's nest.

nomaloke said...

Women were God's second mistake!!!

Men are like a deck of cards, you find the occasional king, but most are jacks!!!!

Every family has one!!!

Uh oh, fart!! (quote from Rain Man)

Unknown said...

Lyrics from The Joker by Steve Miller Band comes to mind...

I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight toker......

nomaloke said...

What happens at Uncle Murlin's stays at Uncle Murlins!!!!

I'm the only sane one in the family!!

nomaloke said...

or on my above suggestion maybe it should say...What happens at Great Uncle Murlin's stays at Great Uncle Murlins.

missed that he was the "great" uncle.

thriftmaven said...

one more and I'm outta here!

Allie said...

My first duty as king will be...

Oh I just can't wait to be king

That's what I am

It's too bad you marry me to be queen...

Allie said...

Are you jealous...well, you should be

I'm original

Oh, things I do for money

nomaloke said...

40 year old Virgin (I loved that movie, hilarious!!!!)

Unknown said...

Sock it to me! - Laugh In

Bernie said...

Whirlin Murlin!

Vikki said...

Life is good.

I know, I know... this is your company motto. I still think that it fits the photo!

Unknown said...

MURLIN. NOT Merlin.

Off to see the wizard...

Never Say Uncle

A Great Uncle keeps ya laughin'!

D said...

So this is what my life's come to?

Shara said...

Love all of these - thanks for using the photo, Rachel. (and for the record, I am the only sane one in the family!) :D

Lynn said...

I told you it was too tight!

Jan said...

Life is too short not to go with the flow

m-verdi said...

"I've just replaced my toes with grapes!"

Aimee Suzanne
(Miss Shara knows who I am!)

***and Blumchen.com is the place to go for the how-to on making crepe paper hats. I made some almost exactly like great uncle Murlin's from their instructions! ***