Monday, June 6, 2011

Silkscreening Adventures



The "local nephews" raise Bucking Bulls - they brand them with the brand shown above. This week they are taking some bulls (some Nationally Ranked Bulls) to Oklahoma for national competitions. I silkscreened some shirts for one of the families. One of the nephews just had a baby girl - I thought it would be cute to put their brand on the left hip of some onesies. I hope they find this as funny as I do!


I silkscreened some canvas bags that say "Living Life on a Gravel Lane - and loving it" Two Dog Pond. Most of them worked - some are quite blobbely. I've also been making some earrings - OK - lots of earring for the show on the 4th of July...

Look at my fingernails!! Isn't that amazing?! My sister and I had 'shellac manicures' done ten days ago. Holy Cow - I've never had polish last this long....

5 comments:

Kitty said...

whats a shellac manicure?

lynn bowes said...

Kitty and I want to know, what's a shellac manicure?

lynn bowes said...

BTW - those are the most darling onesies! I think they'll love them, girlfriend.

(My verification word is MOR PIE NO - what does it mean - no more pie?)

Two Dog Pond said...

Hey girls - the shellac manicure was done just like a regular manicure, but between coats we had our fingers under special lights. The manicurist told us to soak our fingers 5-10 minutes in acetone to get it back off. Strong stuff!!

Vikki Gremel said...

LOVE the manicure... and I know that you don't sit around eating bonbons, so I'm impressed with the durability!
And, I love the onesies. TOO DARLING!