Thursday, June 9, 2011

Soldering Vintage Lace

My friend, Jackie the Peony Princess of Bliss Farm Antiques, is a collector. She has the most beautiful shop and acreage and eye for all things beautiful, especially children. She shops the world to fill her shop with beautiful things. Recently she asked me to make soldered glass pendants out of some handmade vintage lace she bought in France. (she knows I will attempt to solder anything...) They turned out beautiful.




Some have a coppery patina, some a black patina, most I left silver. Jackie also sent a silk hand embroidered cloth from Japan. She told me to cut it up. It took me a couple days to work up the nerve to cut into the fabric. This picture doesn't do the hand work justice. Once Jackie has these, she'll do much better with photographing them. Until then - here's a peek:

5 comments:

Penny-Rose said...

Wow, these are beautiful - the lace is gorgeous and you have done a lovely job of soldering! I wold love to buy something like these as they are so unusual.

Kitty said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the lace~

Two Dog Pond said...

Thank you, ladies! Miss Penny-Rose, you'll have to watch Bliss Farm Antique's shop...

jacklynn4 said...

OH MY GOD!!!!! These are fantastic!!!! They are going in shop for sure (not to mention around my neck:) They turned out soooooo good Rachel! The embroidery! Holy smoke! I don't think anyone else is doing this! I'm soooooo excited!!!!!!!
You ROCK!

Natalie said...

These are great! I just got a bunch of doilies from my husbands grandmother's sale (she passed in January) These would be great to give her daughter and my sister-in-law for Christmas gifts!! I just might have to get a couple to you!! FUN!!