Monday, July 16, 2012

Put That In Your Pipe And Smoke It!

I'm taking my first on-line class. It's Stephanie Lee's class, "Pipe Dreams". If you click the picture, you'll be transported to her blog and see her lovely pipe pendants. I think they're wonderful, and would like to incorporate some into my jewelry, so I signed up.... 
  

Here's my first attempt:
Not so pretty. I've been practicing, but until I actually finish something, I'll show you what doesn't work. Like above. And Below. Guess one should make sure what you're heating with a torch is solid metal.
Hopefully I will have some pretty pendants to show off at the end of the week....
...unless I just keep catching them on fire.

7 comments:

sue said...

I am sure it is all about practice - and non-flammable materials! I thought this would be a good class too - it snuck up on me though so I hopw Ms Lee will run it again. Have fun!
x
sue

acorn hollow said...

wow that sounds like fun! the class not burning your pendants.
Can't wait to see the finished product.
Cathy

jacklynn4 said...

Can't wait to see the final results. I took a class in jewelry making and knew right away that I should not, under any circumstances, put a blow torch in my hands. It was terrifying!
jackie
blissfarmantiques

lynn bowes said...

"Not real metal" - that's why i don't do any repair work. What people think is the real deal is sometimes tin foil stuffed with packing material and I don't trust any of it. I do love your little fire, though. Sort of Joan of Arc-ish, don't you think?

:: lynn ::

Bon said...

I can't believe you let Joan of Arc burn while you took a photo! Weren't you afraid of adding "fire" to the list of studio disasters? Remember what Grandma Emma said, "People who play with fire wet their beds".

Jill said...

Really? Do people who play with fire wet their beds? Grandmas are usually pretty wise. I am loving your new pendants though! (on the later post, ha)

Jill said...

I just checked out her site and realized that I have one of her books!