Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Lovely Tradition

My three sisters and I have a Christmas Tradition. We exchange ornaments every year. We live thousands of miles apart (OK, I do. They all live in Southern California) but our Christmas trees all have many of the same ornaments. "Sister Ornaments". Hanging these ornaments makes me miss my sisters. I have the best sisters ever...
anyway...
I like to make my ornaments - and thought I would show you what I made this year. (they have all received their ornaments already, so I'm not ruining any surprises.)
I used my favorite piece of stained glass, some 1" bevels and lots of copper wire - bent, smacked, torched, balled up, hammered flat.

assembled:


8 comments:

lynn bowes said...

Rachel!!! Damn, girl!!
Can I be your sister?

Linda M. Cain said...

Oh, what fun!!!!! Love them!

Merry Christmas!

Linda

Vintage Christine said...

I just told my two remaining sisters that they're not my sisters anymore, so now I'm free to be YOUR sister and can't wait to get my ornament next year. Ha ha ha! Merry Xmas to you, my friend!!!!!

Anonymous said...

purty!

E Makes Art said...

Wow, those are gorgeous!! You know, it's really too bad you don't have any talent! ; )

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas,
xoEsther

Two Dog Pond said...

I Love you guys!

vikki said...

Wow. I'm speechless with amazement.
BEA-utiful!

Unknown said...

What a great tradition and these are beautiful! Love your work.