Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Most Dangerous Cake Recipe in the WORLD

My friend Shelley got this recipe from her niece, Tori, and sent it to me. It's a homemade cake recipe you can make in a mug in your microwave. The first photo is a bit out of focus - I think I was shaking with the anticipation of eating this delicious smelling treat!

Evidently Shelley and her husband, Fred, are making this every night now! Fred came up with a delicious caramel glaze to put on top of it:

Tim and I split one (and it was plenty for a pre-lunch snack!)

...Tim thought it was missing something: Ice Cream! Double dog-gone Deee-Lishous!
5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespooons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.
Put in your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).
And why is this the most dagerous cake recipe in the world?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake any time of the day or night!

Fred's Caramel Glaze
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1/4 cup brown sugar

Mix and microwave for 30 seconds - pour on warm cake.

Go make one now! It's cold out, you deserve it...it's just one mug of cake...there won't be any leftovers to tempt you the rest of the day...you want to, you know you do...

9 comments:

La Feroce Bete said...

I am going to try this!! I LOVE chocolate cake.

Learning Spanish at 41 said...

Ooo, that's just too easy...all the better excuse, ha!

Debra said...

Easy and yummy! I'll have to have a go at this... maybe tonight.
Chocolate, sweet, warm, fast... Instant gratification~ I THINK I thank you!!!
Deb

leah - moxiethrift on etsy said...

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. I CAN NOT WAIT TO TRY THIS. AND YES, I AM YELLING BECAUSE I AM SO VERY, VERY EXCITED.

Anonymous said...

Wow.
Cake in a mug.
Is this a great country, or what?

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Oh dear.....does that look wickedly delicious!
Thanks for popping over - we must tell you that we've been sneaking over for quite some time now, however we draw blanks everytime we see these great pictures - we DO however get great chuckles out of everyone's submissions! We'll get to it sooner or later!
In the meantime - thanks for hosting such a fun contest!
Karla & Karrie

Tess Kincaid said...

Oh yummers!

Melinda said...

oh my gosh this looks good!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing! Sometimes you just need a little something...so this is perfecto for me!! Well...not for the hips anyway!!

Smiles,Joy~