Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year


Happy New Year! 2009 is going to be a good year, I can feel it.

Yesterday I turned 50 - Thank you. Highlights of the day - Rumple was trying to get my monkey slippers to play with him - they sort of freak him out!

I'm pretty sure it was my delightful neighbors/friends Courtney and Jody that put up this sign by our old mailbox...we don't get much traffic out here, but it made me chuckle every time someone went by honking!! Thank you ladies!

And thank you to everyone who wished me Happy Birthday and sent cards and e-cards and flip-books (love it Vikki! Thank you!) and called and texted me. I love you guys!

My siblings sent me this beautiful bouquet! I am one of those lucky people that has the best sisters and brother in the world! I love them all.

Tim took the day off work so we could go dinking around in Lincoln. We had a wonderful lunch in the Haymarket area - shopped, dinked, shopped some more and then came home in time for church. Because I don't want to freak anyone out with what Tim got me for my birthday, I will just hint... it's vintage and makes me feel like a cowgirl. This is the accessory kit that goes with it...LOVE IT!

Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

Look out...Annie Oakleys gone over the hill! Happy Birthday Rachel... hope it was a good one!!

Hey did the post cards I sent arrive safely?

Learning Spanish at 41 said...

Gorgeous flowers and love that sign--Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday
Rachel!!


I had no Idea!!! I am a bad blogging friend!!!


Smiles and Birthday Hugs!!
ox,
Joy~

High Desert Diva said...

Here's to a fabulous 50th year!

Jill said...

That's a great gift--I hope I never make you mad!