Thursday, January 6, 2011

Another Good Day

I finished this bracelet the other day...it's for me... for the new year. The vintage bus token represents the one ride we have through this life. "Promissio" is Latin for Promise. I've made some promises to myself to be better to myself this year.

Next up. I just finished this commission for two plaques from a grandmother to her granddaughters. I fused glass to look like the night sky - in fact, used some glow in the dark fine frit so that it will actually glow like the night sky.



More fused glass - this one is interactive in that the copper pieces are weighted in the back with glass hearts. The pieces say "It is better to want what you don't have""than to have what you don't want". I truly appreciate that I have the studio space that I do (and a husband that doesn't mind that I've taken over the entire basement for my studio and shop).

I want to share my view our just one of the windows with you...

It's a good, good, good day.

7 comments:

Vintage Christine said...

You are creating some incredible stuff, Rachel! I love the quote on the plaque from the grandma! I'm about to commission you to make some pendants for me so I'll email you with the details. And about those photos--where's all the snow?!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow what beautiful projects.

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

LOVE that bracelet! Very cool:) Happy New Year Rachel...While cleaning the office, I found the picture I wanted to email you last summer...I'll get it over to you this week hee hee hee!

Two Dog Pond said...

Thanks, girlies!
We are the only dry-spot in the nation here in eastern Nebraska. Yesterday it was 46 degrees and sunny. No snow (yet) which is eerie after last year's 12 foot high drifts... we'll probably get hit in May.

Vikki said...

Gorgeous sunset. And they say that Nebraska is boring. Ha! Show me THAT in Colorado.

E Makes Art said...

Ooh, how did I miss this post? That bracelet is amazing!! And the plaques (hmm.. that reminds me... I need to go get ready for my dentist appointment today!) are wonderful! You are multi-talented!

xoEsther

E Makes Art said...

Oh, and LOVE that amaZING shot of the sunset!

xoE