Thursday, May 13, 2010

Can You Hear Me Now?

Sweatshop Worker, Lynn has four small children. Garrison (a total hoot) is four years old and recently diagnosed severely hearing impaired. He talks a whole lot. Listens very little - because he can't hear you! They've been going back and forth to Boys Town in Omaha where there are fabulous pediatric audiologists helping little Garrison. That's great. Here's the bad part. Their insurance carrier told them that they won't pay for much (including a hearing aid) because hearing isn't really necessary. That made Lynn cry. Then Jillybean cried. Then I cried. So - Two Dog Pond is doing a benefit to raise some money to help with the expenses. Click on the picture or on my etsy shop logo and get yourself and your friends a necklace. We've all been Blessed, and we're all Loved. Time to share it. Prayers and Good Wishes are also welcome.

5 comments:

lynn bowes said...

Rachel, please make me one quoting my favorite Bible verse, Hebrews 13:2 and I'll purchase it either online or I'll send you a check xo :: lynn

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Kitty said...

I will take a loved, John 13:34. will you just mail it to me? I will send you a check like I usually do.

Tell Lynn to hang in there, God always provides. Chris just had 3 brain surgeries UNINSURED... Trust me, God provides.

Love you all...

Kit

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I just bought a necklace and I hope this will help! Bless you for your wonderful gift of love to Garrison!

Kaitlyn said...

Just put it out on Facebook for you. Hopefully there will be some help from my friends.

Two Dog Pond said...

Thank you to everyone for helping with spreading the word! When my son was 2 he needed open heart surgery and like Kitty said, God provides. Family, friends and strangers all helped out - it's why we're here, right?