Thursday, April 28, 2011

May Day Tents On The Fence Art Event

This Sunday, May 1, I will be joining a host of talented local artists on the Liberty House lawn for a Celebration of Art and Spring. Everyone is invited! We will be setting up our 'tents' along the fence (and on the porch and under the big oak trees) and selling our handmade goodness. Click on the poster above for details and a map. My friend, Lynnie from ::Silverwork:: did most of the organizing - she'll be there with her silverwork and enameled copper jewerly. I've been working on some new fused glass pendants. Including some with wire words fused right into the glass. Above are a few that are complete and ready. Wouldn't your Mom love one for Mother's Day?
When I was in Los Angeles with my sister, we found some really great findings... these little kewpies (how do you spell that? QP?) cracked me up. I lampworked the red beads and made a little bracelet. Honestly - it was cuter off than on my wrist. I took it apart three times and added more metal and now I like it better in it's original form. Luckily - I bought a few...
Back to the drawing board!

4 comments:

leah - moxiethrift on etsy said...

oh, I wish I could gooooooo. am heading to wayne for the day. here's to a warm and beautiful and wildly successful day!

Natalie said...

I want a QP!!!

Bee said...

I'm going to say a prayer for NO WIND for you all. I wish I was joining as a vendor or a shopper but not to be this year. Tell Pat Hello!

Jill said...

Just realized my daughter was signed in...Bee, was me, Jill!