Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Re-Do


I was intimidated by this request. So much so that it took me a year to complete. I know that's silly, but when someone ships you a box full of their old treasures and favorite pieces and asks you to do whatever you want with them for them - it's intimidating. For instance - the watch in this piece: I couldn't get it apart without possibly scratching it, so I took it to a jeweler. He gave me a lecture about using such fine craftmaship (the Citizen watch) and showed me that it still works! I asked him to put it back together for me. His response? "There's just so much I'll do for free." Then he did. Anyway - this is the golden pieces necklace.
Below is the silvery pieces. There's a naked lady image behind the old lady (a person from the little miniature train set people...)

I hope she likes them!

6 comments:

Amy said...

That is so cool! I love it!

leah - moxiethrift on etsy said...

if she doesn't like them i call them!

jacklynn4 said...

If she doesn't I do!!!

Vintage Christine said...

I've been collecting "bits and bobs" for the last few years and have so much that now it's intimidating me! However, your gorgeous work has inspired me and I'm really going to try to get something done. You are SO GOOD!!!

Mama K said...

There is a naked lady behind (or inside) EVERY old lady. For sure.

Unknown said...

Those are beautiful!