Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Special Guests at Two Dog Pond - Post #400


My stepdaughter, Kira, has been home from LA for an extended visit. Things always get exciting when she's home! When she's not starring in national commercials, independent films or tattooed up for Yahoo!, she's a Nanny for Casey Affleck and Summer Phoenix's kids.
She convinced them to take a detour on their road trip across America to come to Two Dog Pond and see why she loves it here. (I think she misses those adorable children...)
So - they did.
Honestly - I cannot express what genuinely nice people they are. It was like having family members come for a visit! Roasting Marshmallows, playing with the chicks, rowing the boat, eating meals together... Summer is wearing a necklace that her son designed for her down in the Sweatshop.
Casey Affleck and me.
(I should have showered and put on makeup, but they are so laid back I just didn't even worry about it!)
...:::~*~:::...
My brother will be here in a couple weeks....
I had to wonder who he would invite that would shock me more than the Affleck family visiting....
I'm pretty sure it would be these two.


11 comments:

Vintage Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kitty said...

how cool is that! I just watched a movie with him in it a few nights ago! I agree, it's nice to hear that some of Hollywood are just nice normal people too.

Kaye said...

ROFL! Now THAT would be an interesting dinner conversation. . .

Shara said...

Oh, my that last photo has just GOT to be a necklace contest someday!

Kitty said...

I have to tell you, I just pulled this up again to show darling hubby... just noticed that Jesus is leaning on Hillary... peed a little laughing at the thought of THAT!

Little Messy Missy said...

Make sure to have plenty of marshmallows on hand I hear Jesus loves a good roasted marshmallow!! Hahahaha.

KathyS said...

Now THAT is one H__ of a post #400!! I will now watch the Ocean's movies and think of you every time!

lynn bowes said...

Hey! Is that your Tim?!?
Hi, Tim!

*waving in a friendly farmer way*

BTW - my word is 'slumett' and I think someone knows me too well.

Unknown said...

Awesome!! Very cool visitors!!! I certainly would have enjoyed that tremendously as I know you did!!

Natalie said...

Wow!! I love Casey Affleck! How fun to have real star at your place!?! Cool. Glad to know they are down to earth, regular people...I could have guessed that! :) Awesome post for your 400th!! congrats!

Kaitlyn said...

very cool Rachel. I saw your step-daughter's ad on yahoo the other day, be-a-utiful. I would say your summer is going swell.