Friday, April 9, 2010

The Birds Came Home

I am so excited! Just ten minutes ago the UPS man arrived with a huge package from my friend Jim in San Francisco. I immediately hung it on the wall above my work bench. This is a painting I did in college 30 years ago (is that possible???). Jim has moved it with him and had it hanging in his home in New York, Austin, Iowa, Kansas City and San Francisco. Amazing. I was not able to hang on to one single painting I did in college - (mostly ex-husbands scattered them about), but Jim did. It's not even a good painting, but seeing it again is bringing back tons of memories and making me smile. I love having it again. It's called "God wipes out the penguins". We went to a small Christian college, so I'm sure I impressed the art faculty with this one...
Jim was kind enough to have called it his "one true piece of art" for many years. Jim and his sweet husband now are collecting Real Art and since we just reconnected via Facebook, Jim generously offered to send it back. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

4 comments:

Chickens in the Basement said...

I like it! Great colors. I'm jealous of people with talent!

Anna

Little Messy Missy said...

It is beautiful. I love the flowing colors. It looks like to is moving!

Kitty said...

How beautiful!!!!! yay for good friends that treasure our talents!

Leah said...

my new-yawk livin brother wants some of my college paintings. i gag when i see them still today. a still life of a pear? really, leah? how out of the box of you.